Content Management System (CMS) development
We develop and maintain Content Management Systems for clients based in the UK.
We can help out during all the stages of Content Management System development - from strategy, requirements capture, paper/html prototyping, specification, information architecture and usability; to server and client side development, SQL Server databases, accessibility, web standards, hosting and technical deployment.
A Content Management System development project will include some or all of the following steps:
- Initial discussions about the goals of your application, who the intended audience is, etc. From our base in Kent, the high-speed rail link gets us to anywhere close to London in double-quick time.
We write a proposal document, sketching out general ideas for the Coldfusion application and estimating costs and timescales:
We sign a contract (between client and developer) to ensure all parties know their responsibilities and what is expected of them. We like to use a secure extranet to improve communications during the project and will provide a project programme setting out key stages and deliverables:
A paper prototype is a quick and efficient way of working out the key templates and important workflows of the Content Management System:
- If the project would benefit, we will also provide a written functional specification document.
Once the prototype and functional specification are signed off, we retreat to our Kent-based lair to develop the CMS. We provide regular progress updates during this stage:
- When it is ready, we distribute links and security access to the CMS to key client stakeholders for testing.
- When everyone is happy with it, we launch the CMS application.
- We provide ongoing access to usage metrics, allowing clients to see how many people use the CMS front-end.
If you would like to discuss the development of your Content Management System with us, please do not hesitate to get in touch.